List of all images
From Global Warming Art
The following is a manually maintained summary of the images appearing on Global Warming Art.
As this list may not always be up to date, one may also wish to check the automatically generated gallery of new images. You may also find galleries of these images by visiting Category:Galleries or the thumbnail gallery of all images.or the
- Main page: Temperature Gallery
- Instrumental Temperature Record.png - Historical temperatures based on direct thermometry over the last 150 years.
- Short Instrumental Temperature Record.png - Monthly temperature changes during the last 25 years.
- Satellite Temperatures.png - Temperature changes in the lower troposphere during the last 25 years based of satellite observations and their comparison to the observational record.
- Global Warming Map.jpg - Map of recent temperature changes.
- Annual Average Temperature Map.jpg - A map of average surface temperature from 1961-1990.
- Temperature versus Latitude.png - A graph of temperature changes versus latitude.
- Temperature versus Elevation.png - A graph of temperature changes versus elevation.
- GHCN Temperature Stations.png - Map showing the locations and record lengths of temperature station data contributing to the Global Historical Climatology Network.
- Antarctic Climate Change.jpg - Map showing climate change in Antarctica since 1970.
- Borehole Temperature.png - Five hundred year temperature history extracted from measuring thermal diffusion in rock.
- 1000 Year Temperature Comparison.png - Temperature reconstructions of the last 1000 years.
- 2000 Year Temperature Comparison.png - Temperature reconstructions of the last 2000 years.
- Holocene Temperature Variations Rev.png (reversed) - Temperature changes during the last ten thousand years.
- Ice Age Temperature Rev.png (reversed) - Temperature changes during the glacial and interglacial cycles of last 400 thousand years.
- Five Myr Climate Change Rev.png (reversed) - Climate change during the last five million years.
- 65 Myr Climate Change Rev.png (reversed) - Climate change during the last 65 million years.
- Phanerozoic Climate Change Rev.png (reversed) - Climate change during the last 540 million years.
- Deglaciation.png - A figure showing the pattern of temperature and carbon dioxide changes associated with the end of an ice age.
- Global Warming Predictions.png - Predictions of temperature increases between the years 2000 and 2100.
- Global Warming Predictions Map.jpg - Map of the expected temperature increases in the year 2100 relative to the year 2000.
- Main page: Greenhouse Gases Gallery
- Greenhouse Effect.png - Schematic representation of the greenhouse effect and the exchanges of energy within the climate system.
- Greenhouse Gas by Sector.png - Depiction of greenhouse gas emissions in the year 2000 broken into 8 different sectors of activity.
- Major greenhouse gas trends.png - Trends in the atmospheric concentration of major greenhouse gases.
- Methane Emissions Scenarios.png - Methane emissions scenarios.
- Nitrous Oxide Emissions Scenarios.png - Nitrous oxide emissions scenarios.
- Atmospheric Transmission.png - Pattern of absorption bands in the Earth's atmosphere created by greenhouse gases and the resulting effects on both solar radiation and upgoing thermal radiation.
- Main page: Carbon Dioxide Gallery
- Carbon Emission by Region.png - Carbon dioxide emissions through time and broken into major regions.
- Global Carbon Emission by Type.png - Carbon dioxide emissions through time and broken into different fossil fuel sources.
- Fossil Fuel Efficiency.png - Carbon emissions per GDP for the countries with the twenty last economies.
- Fossil Fuel Usage.png - Carbon emissions per capita for the countries with the twenty largest populations.
- Mauna Loa Carbon Dioxide.png - Changes in the atmospheric concentration of carbon dioxide since 1958 as determined by direct measurements made in Mauna Loa, Hawaii. This is also known as the Keeling curve.
- Carbon Dioxide Emissions Scenarios.png - Carbon dioxide emissions scenarios.
- Carbon Stabilization Scenarios.png - Shows the changes in emissions necessary to stabilize the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
- Carbon Dioxide Residence Time.png - Shows the time scales involved in the removal of carbon from the atmosphere through natural processes.
- Carbon History and Flux Rev.png (reversed) - Changes in the atmospheric concentration of carbon dioxide and the annual flux of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere over the last 250 years.
- Carbon Dioxide 400kyr Rev.png (reversed) - Changes in the atmospheric concentration of carbon dioxide over the last 400 thousand years.
- Phanerozoic Carbon Dioxide.png - Changes in the atmospheric concentration of carbon dioxide over the last 500 million years.
- Main page: Gallery of Greenhouse Gas Molecules
- Carbon dioxide: model - formula
- Methane: model - formula
- Nitrous oxide: model - formula
- Water: model - formula
- Ozone: model - formula
- Sulfur hexafluoride: model - formula
- Dichlorodifluoromethane: model - formula
- Trichlorofluoromethane: model - formula
- Main page: Glacier Gallery
- GISP2 Ice Core.jpg - Photograph of a 1 meter section of the GISP2 ice core showing annual layers
- Glacier Mass Balance Map.png - Map showing the changes in glacier mass around the world.
- Glacier Mass Balance.png - Graph of the changes in glacier thickness during the last 50 years.
- Athabasca Glacier.jpg - Picture of the modern Athabasca Glacier.
- Athabasca Glacier Runoff.jpg - Picture of meltwater runoff from Athabasca Glacier.
- Bear Glacier.jpg - Photo comparison showing the decline of Bear Glacier
- Boulder Glacier.jpg - Picture of Boulder Glacier with outline of extent in 1985.
- Easton Glacier Terminus.jpg - Picture of Easton Glacier with outline of extent in 1985.
- Gangotri Glacier.jpg - Satellite image of Gangotri Glacier with multiple indicators of extent with 1780.
- Glacial lakes Bhutan.jpg - Satellite image showing the formation of glacial lakes in Bhutan.
- Grinnell Glacier.jpg - Photograph of Grinnell Glacier with multiple indicators of past extent.
- Grinnell Glacier Overhead.jpg - Aerial photograph of Grinnell Glacier with multiple indicators of past extent.
- Larsen B Collapse Size Comparison.png - Satellite imagery showing the collapse of the Larsen B Ice Shelf.
- Northwestern Glacier.jpg - Photo comparison showing the decline of Northwestern Glacier.
- Pedersen Glacier.jpg - Photo comparsion showing the decline of Pedersen Glacier.
- Muir Glacier.jpg - Comparison of photographs showing changes in Muir Glacier, Alaska.
- McCarty Glacier.jpg - Comparison of photographs showing changes in McCarty Glacier, Alaska.
- Sea-ice 1950s-2050s.gif - Projected changes in Arctic Ocean sea ice in 2050 relative to 1950.
- Valdez Glacier.jpg - Photograph of Valdez Glacier showing areas left bare by glacial retreat.
- Main page: Sea Level Gallery
- Recent Sea Level Rise.png - Sea level rise over the last 120 years.
- Holocene Sea Level.png - Sea level changes over the last 8 thousand years.
- Post-Glacial Sea Level.png - Sea level changes over the last 24 thousand years, since the end of the last glacial period.
- Phanerozoic Sea Level.png - Sea level changes over the last 540 million years.
- Sea Level Projections.png - Projected changes in sea level from 2000 to 2100.
Sea Level Rise Maps
- Further information: Sea Level Rise Explorer
- Global Sea Level Rise Risks.png - Global map of regions vulnerable to sea level rise.
- Eastern USA Sea Level Risks.png - Eastern USA and the Caribbean
- Florida Sea Level Risks.png - Florida
- Louisiana Sea Level Risks.png - Louisiana
- SE Asia Sea Level Risks.png - Southeast Asia
- Bangladesh Sea Level Risks.png - Bangladesh
- Middle East Sea Level Risks.png - Middle East
- North Sea Sea Level Risks.png - North Sea / Europe
- Solar Cycle Variations.png - Several indicators of solar variability recorded during the last three solar cycles.
- Milankovitch Variations.png - Changes in the Earth's orbit caused by Milankovitch cycles and their resulting changes on high latitude insolation.
- Sunspot Numbers.png - 400 years of direct sunspot number observations.
- Solar Activity Proxies.png - Fluctuations in solar activity over the last 600 years derived from sunspot activity and beryllium-10 measurements.
- Carbon Derived Solar Change.png - Changes in carbon-14 over the last 1000 years, indicative of fluctating solar activity.
- Solar Spectrum.png - Spectrum of solar radiation at both the top of the Earth's atmosphere and at the surface.
- Ultraviolet Sun.jpg - Image of the sun in ultraviolet showing a large prominence.
- Hurricane Intensity Shift.png - Figure showing the expected increase in tropical storm intensity as a result of future global warming.
- North Atlantic Hurricane History.png - History of tropical storms in the North Atlantic and some milestones in the technology used to observe and study hurricanes.
- Tropical Storm Map.png - Map of tropical storm activity across various basins.
- Hurricane Katrina.jpg - A satellite image of Hurricane Katrina a few hours before it hit New Orleans. Though no relationship has been established between Katrina and global warming, this disaster motivated considerable public interest in the ability of global warming to provoke extreme weather events.
- NHC Atlantic Forecast Error Trends.gif - Shows the improvement over time in the accuracy of weather models used to predict hurricane tracks in the Atlantic Ocean.
- Risks and Impacts of Global Warming.png - Conceptual assessment of the risks and impacts of global warming across five areas of concern as interpreted by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- Climate Change Attribution.png - Comparison of historical temperature changes to model expectations based on estimates of five different radiative forcing factors.
- CLIMAP.jpg - Map of sea surface temperatures and glacial extent durind the last glacial maximum.
- IPCC Radiative Forcings.gif - The relative importance of radiative forcing factors contributing to global warming.
- Vostok Plot.png - Comparison of temperature, carbon dioxide, and dust in the Vostok, Antarctica ice core.
- Ozone cfc trends.png - Time evolution of chloroflourocarbons responsible for the ozone hole.
- Global Surface Map January.jpg - True color image of the Earth's surface in January showing the extent of snow cover in Northern hemisphere winter.
- Global Surface Map July.jpg - True color image of the Earth's surface in July.
- Global Surface Map with Clouds.jpg - True color image of the Earth's surface including cloud cover and sea ice.
- Earth Lights from Space.jpg - Image of surface lights visible from space at night.
- Golden toad.jpg - Photograph of the golden toad, a creature believed to have been driven extinct by global warming.
- Partially Bleached Coral.jpg - Photograph of a partially bleached coral.
- Vanity Fair Green Issue.jpg - Cover of Vanity Fair's Green Issue
- IPCC Scenarios for 2100.png - Summary of the IPCC scenarios for the nature of the world in 2100.
- Arrhenius.jpg - Portrait of Svante Arrhenius.
- Nitrogen molecule: model - formula
- Oxygen molecule: model - formula
- Blue Marble.jpg - "The Blue Marble", famous photograph of Earth from space
- Nuclear Power History.png - History of the usage of nuclear power.
- Electricity Use By State.png - History of electricity use by state.
- Argo Float Network.png - Map showing the distribution of the Argo float network used for oceanic climatology.
- 2007 Arctic Sea Ice.jpg - Map showing the 2007 minimum Arctic sea ice extent.
- Antarctica Without Ice Sheet.png - Topographic map showing what Antarctica would look like without an ice sheet.
- Incandescent Light Bulb.png - A photo of an incandescent light bulb.
- Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb.jpg - A photo of a compact fluorescent light bulb.
- Global Population.png - History of global population since 1800 and projections to 2100.
- Thermohaline Circulation.png - Image showing the pattern of thermohaline circulation across the global ocean.
- Boreholes Locations.png - Locations of boreholes used in temperature reconstruction.
- Antarctica Satellite Map.jpg - Satellite map of Antarctica.